Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Makeover..

So here's the deal, we do up the house abit in order to fetch a higher price when we sell it. Sounds like a good plan. But there's just so much work to be done...

Today 5 men campe to our house to do a major re-paint. They arrived around 8plus in the morning(I've barely woken up) and first thing was to hack away our ceiling plastic. Yes, every single furnitutre in our house were covered with plastic sheets for protection. The entire floor was covered with newspapers. Basically my house didn't looked like a house. Papa went our with 1 guy to buy the paints...man he chose a colour that I didn't quite fancy. But ya. Anyway, once the paint had arrived, the men got to work and they painted our WHOLE house. All our ceilings, all our walls, in every room, and even our pipes in the two toilets and kitchen. Amazing ya? I thought it was cool, but our house was in a major mess. haha you could hardly walk around. The floor is covered with ceiling plastci chips and I always stepped on paint. Nonethless, like what I've learnt in teensxicte today, we must always give thanks. I thought the five men were amazing, they painted our whole house in about 11hours! I mean it was a lot of work and yet they were efficient :) Thank God for them! I didn't go for sat evening service. After having cell group with my darlings teens, I came back straight home to help my family with the cleaning up. I was surprised to see the whole house in a different colour (Ice white)! Everything was kind of cleared, just that there were still dust and chips on the floor. I quickly ate my dinner and helped mopped the floor. Oh I did wipe the chairs too:) This is indeed my first time seeing my house having such a new make-over(sort of, but not really). The living room ceiling looks so much better now.

All in all, I can only look back and thank God. Thank him for the five men, thank god for my family who worked together to clean up the house and thank God that despite the chaos in my house, I was still able to attend tenns service with my girls. Haha Anhyway, my parents are flying over to Aussie next wed, (crap they won't be here to surpport me for my driving test). Guess things are slowly starting to shape up. I'm just letting nature take it's course man. I'm sure with the Lord, everything will work out well. I'm excited yet nervous.

Well, that's all I have for today...oh yes, glad that I was able to spent time with some people this week:) meetings with friends meant a lot to me...especially in this season

No comments:

Post a Comment