Monday, May 14, 2012

May 2012 update

Hey darlings, since I'm not sleepy yet just thought of squeezing another update post about myself. Honestly, I still cannot believe that it's close to half of 2012 being over. Time really flies when you're busy doing stuff. Firstly, let me update you more about my honours project. So far it has been an amazing journey. It can get pretty intense, tiring and worrisome at times, but but but, I must say that I've learnt so much in the last 1 month. Was telling my family recently that for the first time in my life I actually feel like a real psychologist! Yes, some of you might already guessed it that my project is not testing on year-1 psychology students as my subject pool. Nah, I'm doing something far more interesting than that. I'm doing follow-up assessments on patients who had all gone for bariatric surgery to lose weight and either CBT or in the control group for the psychological treatment. Trust me, these are real people with real obesity problems going for real CBT sessions running by 2 lovely PHD students. I have learnt so much from the two postgrad students who have helped me to love the project more and more each day. Though setting appointmnt timeslots to meet the patients is very mind-boogling (and it still is now!), I have to agree that some of the people that I've met can sometimes really just make my day. They really are very nice people. Loved it when some of them knew that I'm from Singapore and they'll start telling me about how much they love the country and about their visits to the different places like Ngee Ann City, Sentosa, Zoo!! Haha. It really is amazing. So yes, my honours project is really setting into motion and I want to make this experience an experience of a lifetime and to treasure every moment of it (cos it's really rare to get a chance like that again!). Will probably start writing in June after my exams. AHH! Secondly, hmm how do I say this. My other 2 modules (units) are really tough. Yes, 1 of them is stats and the other is more like conceptually understanding the different domains of psychology in this post-modern world. Both requires a lot of thinking, understanding and analysis. Oh well, I really have to trust God for both of them. I do not want to neglect them, but yet at the same time I do find it hard to manage these 2 modules with honours data collection. God I really need more wisdom to handle and also to do well. Haha. Oh and this coming thursday my sis and I are going to have a lovely dinner to celebrate our sweetest friend bithday from church. We simply adore her and just want to spend more time with her on her birthday, especially when she is all alone here in Perth (her family is still in New Zealand). Yes, I'm really looking forward to the dinner. I hope you guys had a good Mothers' Day yesterday. For me, my family were invitied to Mr Ho's restaurant for lunch with some of our church friends to celebrate mothers' day. The food is awesome and I'm so thankful that my mum and dad had agreed to go. Oh, and my dad attended service with us (for the first time ever!). All praise go to God man! Still trusting Him that oneday the veil will be torn down so that their spiritual eyes will open to see His love, to understand His heartbeat and will. So grateful for all the church parents for being so welcoming and accepting towards my parents (probably the only 2 prebelivers there). God bless them and their families. So ya, that's my life. It's almost our 1 year anniversary in Perth. I'm still in disbelief that I've been here for a year. Can you believe that? Seems like only yesterday when I was at the airport saying goodbye to all my lovely friends in Singapore. That is just a memory now, a memory that will probably last forever. Thanks for listening to me ramble darls. I will stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment