Sunday, January 22, 2012

Running spree

Ever since the start of spring, I realized how much I've missed running. Australians here are really athletic and you can see people running, cycling or walking their dogs almost everyday. More so on weekends. Not to forget, spring has got some of the best weathers as well. Many of you know that I took just one unit last semester, that gave me a lot of time on my own to do my own thing, and yes, there's where I started the habit of running again.

I love running in the evenings where the weather is just right, the colours around our neighborhood are just so beautiful. So yes, I started running ever since around September last year. However I must confessed that because recently I've realized that I've gotten an extra 2kg, that made me feel a little worried and have started watching what I put into my stomach. Haha. Yes, don't worry, I believed that my BMI is still of a healthy range, just that my personal aim to always maintain that particular weight and not let it fluctuate, or worse, increase! So ya, I've been running more now and also watching what I eat. See, it's important to not just exercise, but also to watch what you eat in order to be healthy again.

My dad loves to buy muffins, doughnuts, chocolates and soda drinks. My mum, ice-cream and potato chips are her favourites! So you see, yes, it's crazy how unhealthy my family can get. No wonder I've been putting on a few pounds! Really have to watch what you eat guys.

Let's make 2012 a healthy and fulfilling year shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment