Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lessons from Good Friday Event

My church had decided that this year's Good Friday was to be celebrated as a cell-based event. I must say that it was indeed a rather different and crazy experience for me. It was a time of mad rush, getting things organised in the midst of our busy schedules. I still remeber the Christmas party that we had last December. We had alot of time to plan for that one since it was during the holidays. But for this one it was so near our tests and exams, nonetheless God works in miracle ways and beyond what I can ever imagine. All in all, it was a great experience for me. Even though on the actual day itself I was busy fetching people from khatib mrt to the funciton room(which is quite a long walk away) and missing alot of the activities, I think that was God's role for me.

I've tried to invite friends for the campus party but got rejected. I've been trying to reach out to this girl but even up till Good Friday I was not successful. I couldn't understand why until on Friday itself. God knew that I'll be really busy on that actual day. Too busy to take care of Carina, and it'll be too rush for me to meet my friends for the campus event in the evening. God knew that it was too much for me to handle and hence did not want to stress me out. At first I was quite disappointed that I didn't managed to invite anybody, but now I'm thankful. Honestly, it's not the numbers that concerns God, it is my heart, my faith. Even though I couldn't bring friends to the event, but I keep on trusting God to change my heart, my attitude. Guess what, on Easter Sunday (just yesterday) on of my girl's mum invited their neighbour to church and asked me to look after their 2 adorable daughters during service. I know that God is working in their lives and I want to thank God for Si Hui's mum for reaching out to them.

You see, I finally understand now that I don't have to rely so much on my own strength, my strength can only do this much. But God's strength is so much more. And all I have to do is ot obey Him, trust Him and He will provide the desires of my heart. I always know this in my head, but never in my heart. But I think this is the lesson that God wants to teach me on this very Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

Thank You Jesus for being so patient with me. Thank you for this beautiful lesson, thank you for your willingness to mould me. I want to understand your heart. I want to see what you see, to feel what you are feeling.

Some things have to be believed to be seen.
Won't you believe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment