Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making the right decision

Have you ever had a feeling where you felt abit uncomfortable with a person but yet choose to accept and help the person? Well, I was in that shoes recently. Let's call this friend of mine A (just to maintain privacy). It's not that I am scared or angry with A. It's just that, even though I knew A as a friend, yet the last time we spoke, A was upset over something and I didn't exactly knew how to respond. We didn't talk alot after that for quite a while.

Well, recently A approached me and asked me if we could do an assignment together(trust me, it is really tough and I still do not have the faintest idea on how to start). At first I was a little afraid and to tell you the truth, I hesitated a bit, just abit. I was afraid that our friendship will get even more weird and I wanted to avoid it altogether. Not that we have argued or something, but just that we havn't spoken to each other for a while and all of the sudden, I was asked to work together, as a team.

Guess what, I said okay in the end. I wanted so much to put my feelings aside and just trust God that everything will turn out fine. That our discussion together will be fun, meaningful and productive. By now you guys would have guessed that our discussion was over and I'm about to tell you how it went. You are right. It was fantastic! We had such a fun time and I'm very sure both of us ended up taking our friendship one step higher :) Though the assignment was tough, yet we joked, laugh and managed to get a headstart. To me that's one of the best feeling I've ever had. I know now that sometimes it is wise to give yourself and your friend a chance to make things right again. If only you'll put your prejudice, your fears, your negative thoughts all aside and choose to take that step of faith. It's not an easy decision to make, but once you've come out victorious, you'll know that it was all worth it. But if it did not turn out the way you wanted it to be, at least you know that you've given yourself and your friend a chance and you'll definitely have no regrets.

However, I believe that if you really believe in something, then go all out to make that believe come true. It's possible so long as you have the right attitude. But that's not the hard part. The hardest part is to take that first step to make that decision to give the situation another chance. That's the crossroad and you have to decide.

You choose.

Quote of the day:
Mind is all that counts. You can be whatever you make up your mind to be.
Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.

When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment