Friday, July 31, 2009

Wrapping up the experience at Lakeside...

First of all, I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to all the little ones in Lakeside Before and After School Day Care!! Thank you to all the teachers as well! These past two months had been awesome and I really considered myself very blessed to know such a place. Yes, we met the President today. Haha, the kids were super excited about it, many of them were meeting him for the first time. For me, it's just that one last day with them, so just thought of accompanying them on this trip. Yeah, it's amazing. Saying goodbye was a little difficult. I know that many of them are sad to see jeanna and myself leave. I just want to praise God for using me to be a blessing, to impart something in the kids life. I know that they will grow up to be great men and women of God. Praise God for all the teachers and Hwee Chin as well. Their unconditonal love, time and effort for the kids are fantastic! Even auntie lina derserved to be priase as well! (Man, I'm going to miss her food).

Being in Lakeside for the past two months had taught me to treasure life more. To lean on God's strength. Men's strength are too little to make an impact. The children there deserve so much more and sometimes I feel like there's nothing I can offer. Nothing that I can do to take away their pain, nothing that I can do to change their lives. Only God can. All I can do is to show them love and joy everytime I'm there. Father, protect them, watch over them and bless them. Bless the teachers too for they too are holding on to you. Only you can change them God. Gosh, I so feel like crying now. I thought that this farewell is going to easy, but they made it so difficult for me. Many gave me presents, hugs, and final play time before I left. I spent my final 1 hour taking pictures with them and carrying all of them. Haha. Fun yet sad. I will miss them. The memories that I have will be deep in my heart.

From the very first day I stepped into the centre till the day I leave, there was never a moment that I've felt sorry about it.

Darlings, jie jie jia yee just want to you that I love each and everyone of you so much. I will come back when I'm free. Be good to the teachers and your parents. Listen to them. Don't always make them angry ya? Study hard in school. You guys all deserve so so much more. Hold on to God's promises. I pray that oneday you all will come to know Him. Take good care of yourselves, look after each other. Promise me that you all will have a bright future. god bless you and I will miss you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment