Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Christmas and Caroling!

First of all....Merry Christmas everyone! Frohe Weihnachten!! First Christmas ever in Perth! Really want to use this post to thank God and to testify that He is indeed an awesome God. So, our church had our Christmas caroling and sausage sizzle for everyone and anyone this evening. Trust me, though it was a small event to bless the community, there were a lot of work that needed to be done. Thanks to all the background helpers and what I call the behind-the-scenes crew, we managed to make the event possible! Thank God for the logistic people, the BBQ people, the musicians, the choir, the pastors and of course the public who attended our event :) Trust me, they have put in a lot of effort in planning this.

And one more important thing, today was the first time my parents watched me performed in church. Okay not just me, monkey and I were involved in the caroling (the last time I've sang in a choir was quite some time back already). Today was the first time my family attended Zion fellowship and I just want to give all credit and thanks to God and to all the people who were so friendly to welcome them! This meant a lot to me. Bro and my parents were first timers and I believed that they did enjoy themselves:) I cannot change them, only God can. And I believe that today was the first step. I mean even if it is just for them to see and know the kind of people that we meet every Sunday, what the atmosphere is like and the environment is good enough for me. I cannot ask for more as this is a rare moment for me.

Glad that my dad had good chats with the people, understanding that there are many people who are just like us, emigrated from Singapore and are now living in Perth. Glad that my mum had chats with the other mums in Zion just to meet more people. Glad that bro was able to see what this church community is like, probably going to be his home church too come next year.

All in all, I give thanks to God. Thank you for sustaining me throughout the week. I had busy schedules for work at cotton on/typo, but yet he brought me through. I didn't get a sore throat from all the rehearsals, I didn't fall I'll, I was doing fine though I had to wake up at 5am today for work.

I owe you big time God. And I'm still believing that you have a good reason why you brought us here to Perth. Expecting something big and awesome guys...

Okay, das ist alles. Ein gesegnetes Weihnachtsfest und alles Guten zum neuen Jahr! Have a blessed Christmas and a fantastic year ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment