Thursday, December 29, 2011

Night out at Indian Ocean

Have you ever seen the ocean at night?

Well dad, opa, monkey and I decided to take a trip to the Ocean after dinner yesterday. Yup, for those who didn't know, we live like a 5 mins drive away from the Indian Ocean. I thought the beach would be empty by 8pm. Surprisingly, there were quite a lot of people there. We saw people walking their dogs, returning back from fishing or just sitting by the benches enjoying the fantastic view.

Try to imagine this with me...

The sun was already 97% gone and only a faint ray was left. The sky was dark blue when we got there. We got out of our slippers and walked on the sand into the ocean waters. It was such a calming feeling. The sky was soon black and so were the ocean waters. What made it so ingrained in my memory was that there was a stream of light on the waters made by the light of the crescent moon. And to top it off, when you look up into the night sky, there were like a thousand stars. We saw Orion and Sirius and so many more constellations that I couldn't recognise. It was an amazing feeling.

In a distance, I could see a faint light, probably a boat on patrol. Towards the extreme right, I could see a light that seemed to be coming from a far away lighthouse. Amazing right?

We stood in the waters for quite some time. Just to feel the cold ocean waters and the sand on our feet. I seriously could just stand there, at that spot forever.

Yes, you guys probably already guessed it. I have fallen in love with the ocean a long time ago.

Let me tell you a secret. I've never told anyone before. Everytime I go to the Ocean, there is always something I love doing. I would stand in the direction that is facing towards Singapore. And I would look out as far as I can. And I would start thinking of all my memories there, the people, the places, the air. And that's all I need to make me satisfied for that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment