Sunday, October 9, 2011

No, I would change nothing

I keep telling myself
What if life is not meant to be like this
Looking back at all the photos
Their faces make my heart ache

I asked myself, why am I feeling this
Things are still going fine for them
Yet somehow I wish I am back there again
So why am I feeling this

And then all of a sudden
Something hard hit my soul
And I know that I have to let go
Because of a greater person who is in control

A perfect plan was designed not just for me
But for them as well
And if it is meant to be
Then let it be

For I know that things will be fine
Just like when you told me that you'll never leave me
And brought me to a whole new chapter
Some three thousand miles away

If I can't move on
Then they can't as well
So it's better if I learn to let go
Or things will just become complicated

Yes it is never ever going to be the same
But that doesn't mean that it is bad
All there is to it, is just a brand new start
To a new chapter in both mine and theirs

I was once part of their lives
Living, breathing, talking with them
But now I'm just doing this differently
Now it's time to be different

When I said that I will change nothing
I didn't say it confidently
Because there is something there
That was holding me back

But now with a new confidence
I can look back at them and say it once again
This time with a different strength
This time, there is no holding back

So if someone were to come up to me
And ask me if I could turn back time
Is there something in my life
That I would like to change

I think this time
I would look straight into his eyes
And with a light smile I'll answer in faith
No, I would change nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment