Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moore River Adventure (Jurrasic Park)

Take a look through my eyes of Moore River.

I'll come to explain why I call it Jurrasic Park later. Promise.

So, my adventure started when I drove to one of my cell sister's house. Reached around 1105am. Played with her pretty dogs. Trust me, I know that they are boys but they are so so gorgeous! Anyway, then we watched a bit of Japanese drama and finally, the rest came around 1145am.

We bought lunch from Hungry Jacks (Aka Burger King) and McDonalds and brought them over with us to Moore River. The trip took around 45mins. On our trip, I felt like I've grown a little closer to the two other sweet ladies in the car. We talked a bit about our experiences, shared our opinions on different issues and just had a good laugh. I guessed that's me. I love people who are genuine towards me, people who are just able to put a smile on my face, people who allows me to be me.

We arrived around 1 plus...there were so many people. Thank God that we managed to find parking lots. Got down the car and brought all our barabg-barang. Found a nice spot, open the mats and ate lunch.

Let me tell you why Moore River reminds me so much of Jurrasic Park. It is because of the hills that separated the river and the ocean. Yes, that's what so special about Moore River. On one side it is a river. So blue and pretty. On the other side it is the Indian Ocean. Greenish-blue and deep. The thing that is separating them are the hills and the beach. You know, it's like how the river is running along a series of hills and tall trees that really reminds me the opening scene of Jurrasic Park III. Sometimes when the tide is strong, some of the ocean waters will cross over to the river. Amazing right?!

So, after lunch, we walked around the beach. It was so refreshing. I could smell the salt waters and the fresh water at the same time. Love to get my feet wet and sandy. Climbed up a liitle of the Jurrasic Hill, thought the walk up was therapeutic. Loved the view from up there. It was stunning. Guess what, I did something that I always do whenever I am at the ocean. I would turned towards the direction of Singapore (come on, I was once a geog student, my directions can't be that bad). Yes, I turned to looked as far out of the ocean as I could, in the direction of Singapore. The country that made me who I am today. That usually brought some comfort to me, though it's too far to see anything, I was still happy to be reminded of all the people that has once crossed path with me on that country.

Anyway, after the walk by the beach (we were alternating between walking along the river waters and the ocean waters), we went back to our mats and decided to go kayaking. I remember the last time I kayaked was like 5 years ago...when I was 17. Man, how fast time flies. I kayaked with my buttercup around Pulau Ubin (a tiny island of Singapore). That was how I got closer to her, cos we were kayak partners with a never say die attitude as we kayaked through a storm. But this time, I kayak with another awesome person :) With the cell sister who has been so sweet to me since the day I know her. It was during the kayak that I realised how much more the hills and the river look so much like Jurrasic Park. Haha. We all took turns to kayak. While waiting, we played monopoly deal and uno.

Our day kind of ended like that. Headed for home around 5 plus and came back home for dinner with my family.

I can't tell you how much I love the sea. It was like my first love. It is an amazing place. And I think everyone who has the opportunity should give Moore River a shot. Going down to have a good time and just be in touch with nature really freshened me up for the coming week.

I would definitely go back there again, afterall, it is just 45mins drive from my house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment