Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The things that just make you think

Guten Tag Die Welt! Finally the ranking of the professors is here. Trust me, I thought it would be an easy process, but honestly, it was super difficult. I mean, if you had 24 choices, you would definitely feel the same as I did. I was nervous when I rated them, not knowing which choice I would get and knowing that once the supervisor is allocated to me...that's it. No more changes. So ya, I took sooo long just to rate all of them. Now it's up to God to take control. Getting a little excited and yet scared for next semester to begin. Anyway, until then, let's just enjoy this semester till it ends.

Anyway, yesterday I had a nice chat with a friend in school and I must say that she is one of the most open person I've ever known. I've never really met anyone who would be so open about her feelings and what she's going through to me, someone who does not really know her that well yet. That kind of hit me...in a way that the things she said, her values and beliefs are kind of similar to mine. But yet at the same time, I admire her courage to take such a huge step of faith. To be willing to come out of her comfort zone and to experience something so new and so different a culture. Honestly, after talking to her, it kind of built up my courage too. I've never see myself as someone who is shy or afraid to try new things. But after thinking for a little longer, I think there is somewhere in me that is still shy and scared. I guess that's normal. Haha. Really thank God for allowing me to have that opportunity to talk to her. I mean, I was suppose to be the one encouraging her on, but now when I looked back at it, it was kind of like she is the one encouraging me. And I think that's how God works. He brings people to you to speak to you. To help you understand the world better.

I'm slowly starting to see why I'm in perth now.

No comments:

Post a Comment